rapid weightloss

mercredi 25 novembre 2015

My Weight Loss Journey

With obesity becoming a growing epidemic in many western countries, it's no wonder that every other month it seems like there is a new diet or fitness fad that promises results. In reality, the only one actually seeing any results are the companies that are continually cashing in on this growing weight loss industry. Having been overweight myself for many years, I have tried them all in a desperate bid to shed the kilos and be healthy. The money I've wasted on diet plans and weight loss regimes over the years probably would've made a nice deposit for a dream home. Some of these include: Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, South Beach, Aitkins, Celebrity Slim, Fatblaster, and of course the 'Low Fat' diet.
Now I'm not saying you can't lose weight on these regimes, and if you look at the fine print they all generally say something along the lines of "take in conjunction with a balanced diet". But there are some major problems with these 'diets':
1) They are not sustainable long term
2) If you stop you will put the weight back on
3) They can be expensive
4) They don't really teach us anything about healthy eating.
Do we actually know what a balanced diet is anymore? What does it consist of? Many would be tempted to go by the food pyramid, but how accurate is this now with new studies coming out contradicting what we've been taught all these years. We can go by the blanket comment and say 'everything in moderation' - which in some ways might be true. But at the end of the day we all know the reality of losing weight comes down to calories. (I'm sure that is not a surprise to any of you!).
So I'm hoping to share with you my journey (and maybe the success of others along the way) of how I am losing weight, becoming healthier, and saving money. It might not be a new way of losing weight, and it might be something you already knew about, and that is okay. However, if I am able to inspire just one person to follow their own journey, then I will have succeeded in my quest. I say 'losing weight' as I am not where I need to be as yet - I am only about halfway on my journey. At my highest I was 84kg. I am now currently sitting around the 73kg mark. I still have around another 8-10kg I'd like to lose. My ideal weight (for my height) is between 60-65kg. Anything under 66kg will put me into the 'Normal' category (so yes, I'm currently in the 'Overweight' range).
The great thing about what I've been doing is that initially I started off still eating all the foods I loved - chocolate, ice cream, takeaways etc - and I didn't do any extra exercise. I should note here, that I am a dancer/performer so I was already doing some form of exercise, but this doesn't mean I was healthy. I'm proof that exercise alone doesn't make you skinny! The problem wasn't really what I was eating, but when & how much I was eating. I love food and the idea of giving something like chocolate up was not appealing. Sure, I did Jenny Craig a number of years ago, and happily spent $200+ a week just on my food (+ buying the extra food that they don't supply, as well as meals for my man to also eat). I did lose around 8kgs then, but as soon as I stopped and went back to 'normal' eating I put the weight back on.
This sort of thing has been going on in my life since I left school. I was quite active at school, but as soon as I started working I put weight on. I also have suffered from depression for a long time, which didn't help. At one stage I was in the horrible cycle of "feeling depressed - comfort eating - gaining weight" - round and round I went (as did my figure!).

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9172475

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire